Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year's Resolutions

I fail to make resolutions every new year. It's probably the perfectionist in me - why set goals I know I'm going to fail to achieve? Tis far better to never set the goal in the first place than fail to achieve them, or so I say. While pondering my lack of goals in life (I mean, I graduated from law school, I passed the bar... where do I go from here?), I decided that this year, I would make new year's resolutions and gosh darn it - I was going to keep them. So without further ado, here are my resolutions for 2009:

1. Eat more vegetables. (I don't want to get scurvy.)
2. Take a yoga class. (I don't want to get fat.)
3. Keep a scripture journal. (I don't want to go to hell.)

That's it. Three simple resolutions. I'll pace myself, try not to put too much pressure on myself and check myself each month to see how I'm doing. I have a goal of posting more on the blog, but let's be honest, that might not happen. Help me keep my resolutions! I don't want to be a failure!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it Jenn! And if you like, I can nag you to blog more often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shake shack burgers come with fries...that's a vegetable, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. As an ex-pirate, I've learned from bloody-gums experience that veggies don't prevent scurvy unless they have a good amount of ascorbic acid. Stick with carrots, broccoli, spinach or taters. Or go suck on some limes. Arrr!

    ReplyDelete